Coaches are the second most important part of the Chargers community…after the athletes of course!! And we take coaching seriously! We strive to recruit coaches for our various sports that understand the rules and skills of each sport in order to teach and guide our athletes to be the best that they can be!
Coaches sign an annual Code of Conduct that promotes respect and fairness and sets a level of expectations that we require all coaches to meet. They also go through a background check upon signing up to coach with Special Olympics.
If you are interested in becoming a coach with the Sac County Chargers, we look for people who:
- Have a basic level knowledge of the sport they are interested in coaching
- Can come up with drills and skill training to teach the specific sport
- Have enough energy to motivate and encourage their athletes
- Are committed to 8 weeks of training, as well as 1 – 2 competitions per sport
- Agree to abide by the Coaches Code of Conduct created for our team
- Are willing to work with fellow coaches to create a respectful and unified environment for our team
Please send an email to [email protected] if you have questions and/or are interested in coaching a sport for the Sac County Chargers.